Become a member!
We stand up for equality and acceptance of gay and bisexual men. As a member you can support us in this fight.
Pink Cross stands up for gay and bisexual men to have legal equality and to be accepted in Swiss society. We can only achieve this goal with the support of our members. Join us now! Become a part of the movement that fights for Switzerland to be more openminded!
Your membership is worth it. With you as a member…
- we can fight for your rights.
- we will convince politicians of our cause.
- we can increase the visibility of gay and bisexual men within society and the media.
- we are able to carry out projects for gay and bisexual men – and the entire LGBTIQ community.
- the times of simply being annoyed at the face of injustice end and the time of doing something about it begins.
Our work for gay and bisexual men is mainly financed through membership fees and donations. Every single membership fee helps us get one step closer to our goals.
- Our activism within Swiss politics for gay and bisexual men.
- PinkMail (3-4 editions per year): Contains topics concerning our community, as well as interviews and reports concerning LGBTQ issues worldwide. The texts are written in German and French.
- A right of participation and co-determination in our annual general meeting.
- Information and if needed a short initial counselling concerning personal LGBTQ specific legal questions
Unfortunately, at the time we are only able to communicate with our members in German and French.
FAQ: The most important questions and answers concerning your membership
As a new member, your membership is valid for the current calendar year. Your membership will automatically be continued if you do not cancel it. Annually, in February/March you will receive the membership bill for the year to come.
As a new member, you can pay for your membership by credit card, TWINT, or a deposit slip.
What we are fighting for:
Gay and bisexual men are still legally discriminated against. Along with other LGBTIQ organisations, we fight for complete equality for all queer forms of life. In this, we mainly focus on the national level. For example, we stand up for Marriage Equality and rainbow families and against hate crimes, as well as the ban of gay and bisexual men’s making blood donations. The European comparison by ILGA Europe shows that, with a rather mediocre rank, Switzerland is currently always behind on matters of equality.
We long for a society free of discrimination. Gay and bisexual men spend most of their everyday life in school or at work, which is why we engage especially in those two areas: We support schools and companies in becoming more inclusive. This way, queer people can be accepted and supported by their colleagues during their education and in their work environment.
All throughout their life, gay and bisexual men, as well as other LGBTIQ people, face specific issues and challenges. We want their environment to be sensitised to and aware of this – be it in a sports club, a youth organisation, concerning the practice of religion, the application for asylum with sexual orientation as the reason for flight, be it in retirement or nursing homes. Furthermore, along with the TGNS (Transgender Network Switzerland), we stand up for the rights of trans people.
Our community is as diverse as its members – which is why there are infinite possibilities for networking and advocacy. Are you looking for financial support for a queer short film? Do you yourself want to engage and research LGBTIQ organisations nearby? Or do you simply want to know the date for the next Pride? Find information on LGBTIQ organisations, Prides in Switzerland, as well as more detailed information on the LGBTIQ Conference and the Fonds Respect here.